Program Overview and Objectives
Certified Compliance Officer is a management program designed to teach a practical understanding of regulatory compliance needs. The program covers eight major subject areas and utilizes a variety of training techniques. The key areas of the curriculum include understanding the regulatory environment, who is responsible for compliance, the role of corporate governance and ethics in compliance programs, and the implementation of compliance programs. The emphasis will be on practical and pragmatic approaches, rather than theoretical.
The goal of this course is to provide Compliance Officers and Managers with skills that can be immediately used upon return to the organization. You will learn to appreciate the extent to which organizations and their public officers are exposed to the ever-increasing regulatory environment, how to identify the compliance issues that have the most significance for you and how to introduce a compliance management program within your organization.
By Attending This Five Day Executive Program, You Will Be Able To:
• Define the meaning of corporate governance and compliance for your organization and be capable of developing an organizational response to its demands
• Know what drives your compliance exposure both at home and abroad
• Understand the risk consequences of non-compliance
• Appreciate the relationship between corporate governance and compliance, including the market expectation of that relationship
• Understand the implications of Sarbanes Oxley for corporate accountability and ethical behavior
• Understand how to produce a corporate compliance program tailored to your own organization
• Learn how to optimize organizational structure for compliance
Gail held the position of Group Compliance Manager, becoming head of the Regulatory Training program in an International Financial Services Company before she decided to start her own training company: “Naked Mindz”. Her qualifications include Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning to add to qualifications in investment, technology, health and education. A Seta recognised qualified assessor, moderator, designer and developer she has a wealth of training experience and is considered a subject matter expert in financial services in South Africa. Her experience and understanding of regulatory needs, allows her to efficiently and effectively link between business, sales, laws, regulations, statutory and supervisory requirements Gail has been a consultant on the Southern Africa Compliance Practitioner qualification and for the Financial Planning Institute’s” Fit and Proper” Standards. She has won numerous service awards and was the first woman panelist for the Zurich Club.
Who should attend?
This highly practical course has been specifically designed for:
• Directors and Senior Managers
• Company Secretaries
• Compliance Professionals
• Risk Managers
• Legal Advisers and Lawyers
• In-House Corporate Counsel
• Auditors and Audit Managers
• Compliance Officers and Managers
Plus anyone who is responsible for compliance affairs or regulatory relationships