MPM Master Project Manager – Certification Program – Las Vegas Jan 19-22 2016
MPM® Course Overview & Benefits
Project Management continues to expand at a rapid pace. Now it is an essential business knowledge area in all industries including government, health care, telecom, IT, education and finance. Effective project management is helping organizations streamline to improve productivity. As business structures shift, project managers have increased responsibility. Expertise in project management is a source of security, prosperity and power to organizations and individuals alike.
Projects are complex collaborative efforts. Successful project managers are outstanding communicators whose ability to adapt is supported by knowledge of the essential tools and techniques of project management. This course is designed to broaden and refine your understanding of those essential elements and immediately put them into practice.
Those participants successfully completing the course and the requisite daily examinations will receive the MPM® Certification and may use the MPM® credential following their name.
This MPM® certification course presented in collaboration with OPPM™ International includes 11 of The One-Page™ “seriously simple” modules. Each module includes a concentrated single page handout of essential concepts coupled with interactive guidance.
MPM® Course Objectives
This course is delivered in a collaborative format to assist professionals who are already experienced in project management as well as professionals growing in their project management knowledge. The material provides a variety of project management principles and best practices to help learners enhance their existing skill and experience.
- Define and explain a context and framework for successful project management and leadership.
- Understand the value and usability of project management principles including the process groups (initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing the project) and knowledge areas (integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk, procurement and stakeholder management).
- Understand the critical people and leadership skills required to lead projects.
- Motivating the accountable and responsible members of the project management team.
- Introduction and application of practical tools and techniques for enhanced project communication.
- Avoid common pitfalls and mistakes in managing projects.
- Identification and management approaches to ensure proper delivery of scope, time, cost and quality to meet and/or exceed stakeholder needs.
- Concepts for successful project change management are identified and discussed to improve change at both an organization and personal level.
- Decision making and creative problem solving is presented around the complex decision model.
- Closing out the project and post implementation reviews provide opportunity for completion, acknowledgment, and final project validation.
Course Facts (4-Day)
- 4 Days of Training (Tuesday – Friday)
- 8:00am breakfast, 8:30am – 5:00pm Course Hours *4:00pm end on Friday
- Breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack provided daily
- Hotel (Course Location) will be emailed 4 weeks prior to start date
- All hotels have airport shuttle service
- Course materials will be provided on day 1 of training
- TESTING: Approx. 20-minute, open book exam daily
- CERTIFICATION: Assuming you attend all four days and you cumulatively pass the exams with at least a 70%, you will be certified. You will receive your credentials and continuing education information about 2 weeks after your course.